Going to a Barbecue or a family gathering? Not sure what to bring? I have the perfect easy to make dip that your family and friends will love. I promise! My aunt passed this super easy recipe to me a couple years ago. She would bring it to all our family gatherings and it was always the first thing to go. FYI: My aunt is not exactly the cook of the family. In fact, she doesn’t cook at all. She has a couple recipes that she sticks to and that the end of that. If you can’t cook either, this is the dip for you!
3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip is simple and delicious. It can be made the night before a BBQ or 20 minutes before. You can double the recipe and make it for much larger gatherings. I recently doubled the recipe for a family BBQ and it worked great. Here’s what you need to make it!
15 oz can of Hormel Chili (with or without Beans)
8 oz of Cream Cheese
2 cups of Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
- Spread softened cream cheese in a Pie dish. Make sure that it coats the bottom as even as you can get it. (Tip: To soften your cream cheese, remove it from the wrapper and place it on a small plate. Place in the microwave for 10 seconds)
- Open the Chili and pour it on top of the cream cheese. Again, try to spread a nice even layer. (You can substitute the can of chili with homemade chili, if you have some just hanging out in your refrigerator.)
- Spread the Shredded Cheese over the chili. The recipe calls for 2 cups, but you can add more if you’re a cheese lover like myself. (If you don’t have shredded Mexican 4 Cheese, you can use Shredded Cheddar Cheese instead.)
- Grab a piece of aluminum that will fit the dish and spray some Pam Spray on the foil. This will prevent the cheese from sticking to the foil. Cover the dish and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is all melted and bubbly.
- Grab your favorite bag of Tortilla Chips or Fritos Scoops. Take to your gathering and enjoy!